Skip to main content

Sort of Sorted: Why Kaz Brekker Is Secretly a Hufflepuff

Hi everyone! Welcome to Nox Reads, I'm "Nox", and this is the first of a new series on my blog called Sort of Sorted! I'd like to dedicate this post to Sammy from Nik Nak for giving me the inspiration. Sort of Sorted is going to be a series of posts where I argue why a fictional character would be in a certain house. Most of these are going to be different than what the general consensus is, such as this one, where I'm arguing that Kaz Brekker would totally be a Hufflepuff.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Liiiiiiisten, let me explain. 

I know that on the surface, it seems that Kaz is the epitome of Slytherin. Deep down though, Kaz really is a Hufflepuff. He is incredibly loyal (to certain people) and hard-working.

Kaz spent years working on how he would end Pekka Rollins. He started off as an errand boy and worked his way up to be Per Haskell's right-hand man. Kaz is the one who recruited vital members to the Dregs, like Inej. He bought the Crow's Club and made it what it is, just like he did with the Slat. Kaz united and strengthened the Dregs all by himself, and I feel like that proves exactly how hard-working he is.

I have one quote to show Kaz's loyalty:

I would have come for you. And if I couldn't walk, I'd crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we'd fight our way out together- knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that's what we do. We never stop fighting.

And if that isn't enough evidence for you:

Crows remember human faces. They remember the people who feed them, who are kind to them. And the people who wrong them too. They don't forget. They tell each other who to look after and who to watch out for.

Kaz is incredibly loyal to people that he feels deserve it (namely Inej). He rewards those who show their loyalty to him, and if you hurt somebody he cares about, he will literally cut your eye out, and I don't think there's anything more Hufflepuff than that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaz may not seem like it at first, but he is 100% a Hufflepuff. The Sorting Hat puts you in the house that matches your values, not just your traits. The very fact that Kaz picked a crow to be his symbol because they remember faces and tell each other who to watch out for shows how important loyalty is to him. The fact that he spent years of his life building himself up brick by brick shows how hard-working he is. Kaz Brekker is the ultimate Hufflepuff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously, arguments could be made for any house- he's intelligent so he could be a Ravenclaw, he's brave so he could be a Gryffindor, and of course, he's ambitious so he could be a Slytherin. My argument, however, is for Hufflepuff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, everyone, for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post, and I do have another one planned for this series! What house, other than Slytherin, would you sort Kaz into?

Have a great day!

~ Nox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Anti-Racist Resources | #blacklivesmatter #sayhisname

Hi everyone. Welcome to Nox the Reader, and today I'm sharing a compiled list of different anti-racist resources that I've seen shared on Bookstagram and Twitter. Please note: THIS LIST IS EVER-EVOLVING AND EXPANDING. AS I GATHER MORE INFORMATION, I WILL BE ADDING IT TO THIS GUIDE. IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU FEEL I SHOULD ADD, PLEASE DM ME ON TWITTER @nox_reads, OR COMMENT DOWN BELOW. Before I share this list, all I want to say is that I'm mad as hell and I'm tired. My dad always shared stories about living in Inglewood in the 90s during the time of Rodney King and the LA Riots. And it's almost 30 years later and nothing has changed. I've grown up surrounded by names as hashtags and videos cycled through the media and it's infuriating  and heartbreaking and exhausting . And a lot of us are wondering what to do, how to break this system and burn it to the ground. And it starts with educating ourselves and uplifting the voices of others. In this list are book

Community Spotlight - Interview with Paper Lanterns

Hello everyone! Welcome to Nox the Reader, I'm Nox, and today's post is an interview with Paper Lanterns, an online literary journal based in Ireland! Paper Lanterns logo was created by Eleanor Brayden I had the chance to interview the creators of Paper Lanterns - Grace Kelly, Ruth Ennis, and Amy O'Sullivan, and ask them questions about their inspiration behind the literary journal and what they do!

The Wicked Deep and Winterwood: Reading Shea Ernshaw's Books

Hi everyone! Welcome to Nox the Reader, I'm "Nox", and today I'm talking about Shea Ernshaw's books  The Wicked Deep  and  Winterwood .          "We wait for death. We hold our breath. We know it's coming, and still we flinch when it claws at our throats and pulls us under." ~ The Wicked Deep "Because I am more darkness than girl. More winter shadow than August sunlight." ~ Winterwood Two-Sentence Synopsis: The Wicked Deep  is about the town of Sparrow, which is cursed by three sisters that were accused of witchcraft and drowned centuries ago. Every summer, the three sisters possess the bodies of three of the town's girls and drown three boys in revenge. Winterwood  is about Nora Walker, who comes from a long line of witches died to the local Winter Woods of Fir Haven. Nora finds Oliver Huntsman, a lost boy from a local camp for troubled boys, and is caught up in a mystery. Content Warnings The Wicked Deep :  Drowning,