Skip to main content

Top 5 Wednesday: Love Interests I Would've Broken Up With

Hello everyone! Welcome to Nox Reads, I'm "Nox", and today's prompt for Top 5 Wednesday is Love Interests I Would've Broken Up With, which means that I get to rant about how much I hate these characters and relationships! This is going to be fun...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The Darkling from the Shadow and Bone trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
I'm in a group chat (shoutout to Nik Nak is a Snik Snak) where everyone is doing a Grishaverse buddy read (some of us are starting King of Scars today), and there are a lot of moments where I open the chat to see everyone fawning over the Darkling, but I just don't get it! The Darkling is manipulative, and the few interactions that he does have with Alina  (before everything goes sideways) just move too fast. Sorry Darkling, but I am not the Sun Summoner you're looking for.

2. Edward Cullen from the Twilight saga by Stephanie Meyer
I. HATE. THE. TWILIGHT. SAGA. SO. MUCH.

I read the first book (and, unable to continue, I listened to someone sarcastically read the rest of the books) and I honestly don't remember a time where I actually liked Edward. He just seemed creepy, especially considering the fact that he would break into her room at night to watch her sleep. This was before they were even dating! It's not love, it's creepy. Not a chance, Edward- watch me sleep and I'll stab you with the stake under my pillow.

3. Romeo from Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
We don't have enough time for me to cover how much I hate Romeo and Juliet. The point is that one should never compare their relationship to Romeo and Juliet's. Everything happened over three days, okay? They met on the first, got married on the second, and died on the third. And right before they met, Romeo was swearing that he was in love with Juliet's cousin, Rosaline. There are several other issues, but I have to post this eventually.

4. Four from the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
I don't really have an explanation for this other than I didn't really like Four.

5. Thomas Cresswell from the Stalking Jack the Ripper series
Okay, so before I explain why PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL ESCAPING FROM HOUDINI FOR ME. I'm going to finish it hopefully sometime this week, but PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL IT.

It isn't so much that I don't like Thomas Cresswell, it's more of the fact that I would've dropped him before giving him a chance. I hated him until Hunting Prince Dracula, but by then it would have been too late for us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Please let me know down in the comments which fictional character you would have broken up with!

Have a great day!

~ Nox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Anti-Racist Resources | #blacklivesmatter #sayhisname

Hi everyone. Welcome to Nox the Reader, and today I'm sharing a compiled list of different anti-racist resources that I've seen shared on Bookstagram and Twitter. Please note: THIS LIST IS EVER-EVOLVING AND EXPANDING. AS I GATHER MORE INFORMATION, I WILL BE ADDING IT TO THIS GUIDE. IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU FEEL I SHOULD ADD, PLEASE DM ME ON TWITTER @nox_reads, OR COMMENT DOWN BELOW. Before I share this list, all I want to say is that I'm mad as hell and I'm tired. My dad always shared stories about living in Inglewood in the 90s during the time of Rodney King and the LA Riots. And it's almost 30 years later and nothing has changed. I've grown up surrounded by names as hashtags and videos cycled through the media and it's infuriating  and heartbreaking and exhausting . And a lot of us are wondering what to do, how to break this system and burn it to the ground. And it starts with educating ourselves and uplifting the voices of others. In this list are book

The Wicked Deep and Winterwood: Reading Shea Ernshaw's Books

Hi everyone! Welcome to Nox the Reader, I'm "Nox", and today I'm talking about Shea Ernshaw's books  The Wicked Deep  and  Winterwood .          "We wait for death. We hold our breath. We know it's coming, and still we flinch when it claws at our throats and pulls us under." ~ The Wicked Deep "Because I am more darkness than girl. More winter shadow than August sunlight." ~ Winterwood Two-Sentence Synopsis: The Wicked Deep  is about the town of Sparrow, which is cursed by three sisters that were accused of witchcraft and drowned centuries ago. Every summer, the three sisters possess the bodies of three of the town's girls and drown three boys in revenge. Winterwood  is about Nora Walker, who comes from a long line of witches died to the local Winter Woods of Fir Haven. Nora finds Oliver Huntsman, a lost boy from a local camp for troubled boys, and is caught up in a mystery. Content Warnings The Wicked Deep :  Drowning,

Community Spotlight - Interview with Paper Lanterns

Hello everyone! Welcome to Nox the Reader, I'm Nox, and today's post is an interview with Paper Lanterns, an online literary journal based in Ireland! Paper Lanterns logo was created by Eleanor Brayden I had the chance to interview the creators of Paper Lanterns - Grace Kelly, Ruth Ennis, and Amy O'Sullivan, and ask them questions about their inspiration behind the literary journal and what they do!