Skip to main content

2019 Bookish Resolutions!

Hi everyone! Welcome to Nox Reads, I'm "Nox", and I solemnly swear that I won't fail with these bookish resolutions the way I usually do!

This is just a short little post, but I wanted to let everyone know what specifically bookish goals I had in mind for 2019! Since it's so short I'm posting it on the same day as my 2018 Wrap Up.

Without further ado, here are my bookish resolutions!
  1. Read 36 books this year! This is my Goodreads challenge, and while I read 35 in 2018, it was pretty tough to get to it.
  2. Read the To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy. I've seen the movie but never read the books!
  3. Read more new releases! I received so many new releases but never got to them!
  4. Read the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy. Once again, saw the movie without reading the books!
  5. Grow my blog! This isn't really a specific one, but I want to work on fixing it and making the blog a place where more people want to come and interact!
  6. Post at least once a week on my blog. This is a challenge for me usually...at least I've succeeded this week!
  7. Post at least three times a week on my Bookstagram! Posting once a week is a challenge for me, but I'd like to post more on Bookstagram! It's different from my blog because I can carry it around with me.
  8. Make more bookish friends! This isn't so much of a resolution as it is a hope, but the bookish community seems so awesome and I'd love to get to know more people from it and be more active in it!
  9. Participate in more readathons! Readathons and readalongs are such interesting concepts that I have to dedicate more time to! 
  10. Start a Maggie Stiefvater buddy read with my friend Tyler! Tyler was one of the first bookish friends I made online, and we met over Booktube-a-thon when she was reading The Dream Thieves and I was finishing The Raven King. We both thought it would be cool to read all of Maggie Stiefvater's books (because after the Raven Cycle we are now lifelong stans), and I hope we can do that this year! I already have Shiver!
  11. Read more #ownvoices books! I want to read more books with diverse main characters and mental health awareness. Eliza and Her Monsters was one of the novels with the greatest impact on me in 2018, and I want to open myself up to more of those stories. I want to see myself more in characters, as a plus-sized multiracial female that struggles with her mental illness. Obviously, I don't expect to see a character who checks all of those boxes, but I'd like to explore books with characters that have some of those aspects.
Those are the main bookish resolutions I have this year! Some of them are generic, while others are super-specific. We'll see at the end of the year how I did!

What are some of your bookish resolutions for 2019?

Have a great day!

~ Nox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Guide to Anti-Racist Resources | #blacklivesmatter #sayhisname

Hi everyone. Welcome to Nox the Reader, and today I'm sharing a compiled list of different anti-racist resources that I've seen shared on Bookstagram and Twitter. Please note: THIS LIST IS EVER-EVOLVING AND EXPANDING. AS I GATHER MORE INFORMATION, I WILL BE ADDING IT TO THIS GUIDE. IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU FEEL I SHOULD ADD, PLEASE DM ME ON TWITTER @nox_reads, OR COMMENT DOWN BELOW. Before I share this list, all I want to say is that I'm mad as hell and I'm tired. My dad always shared stories about living in Inglewood in the 90s during the time of Rodney King and the LA Riots. And it's almost 30 years later and nothing has changed. I've grown up surrounded by names as hashtags and videos cycled through the media and it's infuriating  and heartbreaking and exhausting . And a lot of us are wondering what to do, how to break this system and burn it to the ground. And it starts with educating ourselves and uplifting the voices of others. In this list are book

Community Spotlight - Interview with Paper Lanterns

Hello everyone! Welcome to Nox the Reader, I'm Nox, and today's post is an interview with Paper Lanterns, an online literary journal based in Ireland! Paper Lanterns logo was created by Eleanor Brayden I had the chance to interview the creators of Paper Lanterns - Grace Kelly, Ruth Ennis, and Amy O'Sullivan, and ask them questions about their inspiration behind the literary journal and what they do!

The Wicked Deep and Winterwood: Reading Shea Ernshaw's Books

Hi everyone! Welcome to Nox the Reader, I'm "Nox", and today I'm talking about Shea Ernshaw's books  The Wicked Deep  and  Winterwood .          "We wait for death. We hold our breath. We know it's coming, and still we flinch when it claws at our throats and pulls us under." ~ The Wicked Deep "Because I am more darkness than girl. More winter shadow than August sunlight." ~ Winterwood Two-Sentence Synopsis: The Wicked Deep  is about the town of Sparrow, which is cursed by three sisters that were accused of witchcraft and drowned centuries ago. Every summer, the three sisters possess the bodies of three of the town's girls and drown three boys in revenge. Winterwood  is about Nora Walker, who comes from a long line of witches died to the local Winter Woods of Fir Haven. Nora finds Oliver Huntsman, a lost boy from a local camp for troubled boys, and is caught up in a mystery. Content Warnings The Wicked Deep :  Drowning,